|Policy Status||In force|
|Date Effective||30 December 2004|
|Agency||•Ministry of Industry and Trade|
|Policy Supersedes||Energy Act|
•Multiple Renewable Energy Sources
|Policy Sector||•Framework Policy|
|Description||This 2004 Act amends the 2001 Energy Act above in the following spheres:
- liberalisation of energy market (according to the EU Directives of 2003)
- access to grids with the aim of transborder trading;
- public interest incl. long-term planning for energy resources;
- protection of final customers;
- promotion of power production and of heat production based on renewable energy sources and on cogeneration.
The 2004 Energy Act includes provisions implementing EU Directives issued before 2005. The next amendment of the Energy Act due to implementation of EU Directive 2006/32/EC is under development as of November 2008.
|Legal References||Act No. 670/2004 Coll. - Energy Act|