Energy data managers/statisticians
IEA data managers/statisticians compile, verify and disseminate information on all aspects of energy including production, transformation and consumption of all fuels, renewables, the emergency reporting system, energy efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions, and energy prices and taxes. The data managers are responsible for receiving, reviewing and inputting data submissions from member countries and other sources into large computerised databases. They check for completeness, correct calculations, internal consistency, accuracy and consistency with definitions. Often this entails proactively investigating and helping to resolve anomalies in collaboration with national administrations of member and non-member countries. The data managers/statisticians also play a key role in helping to design and implement computer macros used in the preparation of their energy statistics publication(s).
The people the IEA seeks should have:
- University degree in a topic relevant to energy, computer programming or statistics. Current staff members have degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, Economics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Hydrology, Public Administration and Business.
- Experience in the basic use of databases and computer software. Good programming skills in Visual Basic.
- Ability to work accurately, pay attention to detail and work to deadlines. Ability to deal simultaneously with a wide variety of tasks and to organise work efficiently.
- Good communication skills; ability to work well in a team and in a multicultural environment, particularly in liaising with contacts in national administrations and industry.
- Very good knowledge of one of the two official languages of the Organisation (English or French). Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage.
- Some knowledge of energy industry operations and terminology would also be an advantage, but is not required
Note: Applicants must have been successful in the IEA test for Statisticians.
If interested in working at the IEA, please complete an online candidate profile under the section "Create/Modify My Profile" here.